heavyset : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having a short and solid form or stature
he was tall and heavyset
- Inside, in a cavernous studio, it glared down on a drawing board where a heavyset, black-haired man put careful strokes on a paneled page.
- He is tall, a little heavyset, and looks like a Yale man learning to be a bond salesman.
- A bearded, heavyset man whose face is splotched by a skin disease, al-Libbi first developed ties with bin Laden in the early 1990s, when bin Laden was based in Sudan.
- Adam Carolla in ESPN
How dare you imply that! I was a jock in high school,said Carolla, who really was the captain of his football team. "But I did get beat up after a softball tournament in seventh grade. We beat them in softball and this heavyset girl beat...
- John Hickenlooper in Chicago Tribune
We did a commercial, sort of like 'High Noon,' though I'm not Gary Cooper,Hickenlooper told me Sunday. "We had a great actor, heavyset, sort of like Broderick Crawford, giving out parking tickets. And I walk on to say how bad it was that...
- Moazzam Begg in Socialist Worker Online
Moazzam Begg recalled: "The dogs and handlers alternated, but there was one especially volatile dog that was always barking, even at the soldiers. Once, his handler, a young, heavyset, blond soldier, said to it, 'Hey do you want to chase some orange...