- s easily irritated or annoyed
- At Chapelizod, outside Dublin, complications of jaundice, dropsy and heart disease brought Death last week to a bearded, brilliant gentleman with a testy tongue, Timothy Michael .
- In all that he did there was a quality of canny vision, of testy self-will.
- Married two days and honeymooning on Capri, an increasingly testy husband finds his Communist bride continually fending him off.
News & Articles
- Tredyffrin-Easttown board defends plan to cut aides', paras' hours
Monday night’s Tredyffrin-Easttown School Board Finance Committee meeting had it all: choruses of groans and snickers, a few testy interchanges and interjections, rounds of sustained applause from a rapt audience (one lasted a full 13 seconds), a board member’s political diatribe some found of questionable relevance, and a host of memorable lines with words like “train wreck” and “nobody had ...
June 13, 2013 - Main Line Suburban Life
- Bug be gone
It’s happening earlier than normal this summer. We’re receiving word at WenatcheeOutdoors.org from mountain bikers riding near Lake Wenatchee and from hikers visiting the Squilchuck Basin that the vampires are emerging. I’m not talking “Twilight;” I’m talking about those pesky blood suckers that have you posing testy questions like, ”Why did God create mosquitoes?” Answer: Some mosquitoes are ...
June 13, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- One Thing to Know: Harbaugh calls out Seahawks
Your browser does not support iframes. The 49ers and Seahawks have a pretty serious rivalry brewing, thanks in no small part to the distaste their coaches share for one another. Jim Harbaugh, who had a testy encounter with Pete Carroll … Continue reading ?
June 12, 2013 - NBC on Yahoo! Sports via Yahoo! Sports
- John McCain in Washington Post
Yesterday Senator Obama got a little testy on this issue,McCain told a crowd of several hundred at a town hall at New Mexico State University. "He said that I'm questioning his patriotism. Let me be very clear: I am not questioning his...
- President Bush in Hartford Courant
Obviously, it's a testy situation there,Bush said. "And if I'm the president of a country and people are coming from one country to another -- allegedly coming from one country to another -- to kill innocent civilians on my side, I'd be...
- James Blake in International Herald Tribune
There were still some testy moments out there, especially playing a tiebreaker after you serve for a set,Blake said. "That can demoralize a lot of players sometimes."