cranky : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s (used of boats) inclined to heel over easily under sail
- s easily irritated or annoyed
- This inconveniences settlement of the divorce proceedings that shortly ensue, for a cranky judge (Dennis Miller) sentences them to six months "hard marriage," complete with .
- I'm afraid I'm going to get cranky about this: The Democrats who oppose the so-called "surge" are right.
- Critics love the FoxL speaker, which, though no bigger than an eyeglasses case, transmits sound that's rich enough to please a cranky audiophile.
News & Articles
- 12 Hours of Cranky Monkey MTB Relay Race
Quantico, VA Type of Event: Mountain The 12 Hours of Cranky Monkey Mountain Bike Relay challenges solo racers and teams of 2 or 3 to complete as many 9.25-mile laps as possible in a 12 hour period, from 8am-8pm. In addition, a new 3 hour solo option is being added in 2013. This is perfect for those not able to commit the time or training to compete in the full race. The absolutely stellar trail ...
June 10, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Nick Offerman takes his deadpan charms to 'The Kings of Summer'
Nick Offerman, one of the stars of 'Parks and Recreation,' plays a cranky dad in the new coming-of-age film 'The Kings of Summer.
June 6, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- Joe Torre in Daily Press
It's a very tough market. That's all I can say,Torre said. "He's under a great amount of pressure -- as (Joe) Girardi is and as I was. Sometimes you may not be as well-rested as other days and you get a little cranky."
- Carrie Fisher in San Francisco Chronicle (blog)
In an email to New York Post columnist Michael Riedel, Fisher writes, "As you can imagine, Jonny seems to be a bit cranky, which I figure is why he still hasn't paid me the remaining money he owes me. For whatever reason, (he) was unable to get (the...
- Doug Bollinger in Sydney Morning Herald
You're on the field, you're playing for your country, you're not going to take it lightly,Bollinger said of his approach to bowling. "You're out there in a battle. Fast bowlers are in your face and cranky - but you've got to enjoy it, too....