- n the section of an orchestra that plays stringed instruments
- n a lightweight cord
- n stringed instruments that are played with a bow
the strings played superlatively well
- n a tightly stretched cord of wire or gut, which makes sound when plucked, struck, or bowed
- n a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding
- n a linear sequence of symbols (characters or words or phrases)
- n a tie consisting of a cord that goes through a seam around an opening
- n a tough piece of fiber in vegetables, meat, or other food (especially the tough fibers connecting the two halves of a bean pod)
- n (cosmology) a hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having a concentration of energy and the dynamic properties of a flexible loop
- n a collection of objects threaded on a single strand
- n a necklace made by a stringing objects together;
- v thread on or as if on a string
- v add as if on a string
- v move or come along
- v stretch out or arrange like a string
- v string together; tie or fasten with a string
- v remove the stringy parts of
- v provide with strings
- First served: French Open champ Kuerten recommended Luxilon strings to fellow pros.
- Based on their success with G-strings, Gossard is already planning a new SMS campaign for the fall.
- Unfortunately, these hypothetical strings are so small that it would take a particle accelerator the size of the Milky Way to detect them! I am not alone in fearing that string .
News & Articles
- Performing arts briefs
No Strings Theatre Company presents "Terra Nova" to show tonight and run through Sunday at the Black Box Theatre, 430 N. Main St. This compelling and imaginative drama explores the character of Robert Falcon Scott ("Scott of the Antarctic") in the final, fatal days of his 1911-1912 expedition to the South Pole. Performances are 8 p.m. today and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $10 ...
June 14, 2013 - Las Cruces Sun-News
- Laura Dern Joins Indie Drama ‘Strings’
Her HBO series was cancelled in March , but Laura Dern has booked her next gig. The Oscar nominee and three-time Golden Globe winner has signed for the ensemble drama Strings , whose cast includes Maria Bello, Lucas Till , Tom Everett Scott and Josh Duhamel . Dern will play a woman who has not recovered from the death of her oldest son, a soldier. Production on first-time director Daniel Duran’s ...
June 13, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Parks & Rec to offer beginning strings class
The Albany Parks & Recreation Department is offering a class in beginning strings. Instructor is Kim Collar.
June 12, 2013 - Albany Democrat-Herald
- President Bush in New York Times
They have a responsibility to get this bill to my desk without strings and without delay,Mr. Bush said of the war financing package.
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
The last couple of years have been very enlightening for me and now that I've had the time to be 'me,' I've been able to sit down and think about where I want to go with myself as an entertainer with absolutely no strings attached. I am now more... Britney Spears http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney_Spears&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE9Cs0aIKAtZXlpHSHj9-7wiAV7Vg NewsNet5.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.newsnet5.com/entertainment/10694797/detail.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEiZkI7-3PvkTgE2w2DO74ltKC7vw Jan 8, 2007
95393 126718 strings I think that we can gain -- regain the confidence of both Congress and the American people that this is not just money that is being given to banks without any strings attached and nobody knows what happens," Obama said in an interview aired...