- v engrave by means of dots and flicks
- v make by small short touches that together produce an even or softly graded shadow, as in paint or ink
- v apply (paint) in small dots or strokes
- v produce a mottled effect
The sunlight stippled the trees
- s having a pattern of dots
- The bees' guts, which should have been white, were stippled brown with infection.
- And no place is more Martian in character than the McMurdo Dry Valleys, a wedge of rugged, rocky terrain stippled with ice-covered lakes and overhung by glaciers.
- By last week, when Piedra took a Cubana DC-3 up from the little, bullet-stippled one-story airport in seaside Manzanillo, in the shadow of the rebel-held Sierra Maestra, hijacking .
News & Articles
- 'Making history in the name of love' as night turns to morning in Minnesota
8:45 p.m. John Marty stands at the back of the dining room at the restaurant Wilde Roast, a cupcake in one hand. It’s chocolate, with stippled white frosting and the words “I do” written in bright blue. He’s got the wrapper half off, but he keeps getting distracted by people who stop to thank him. The first legal weddings of same-sex couples are just hours away. The topic may have occupied ...
Aug. 1, 2013 - MinnPost