- v produce a mottled effect
- v mark with small spots
- s having a pattern of dots
- By 1900, black peppered moths outnumbered the speckled variety by 99 to 1.
- Libya, a country of a few backward cities and oasis-speckled sand wilderness about three times the size of Texas, is the first nation brought into being solely by the United Nations.
- Ahmad and the two thousand other students can see them scuttling after school into their cars on the crackling, trash-speckled parking lot like pale crabs or dark ones restored .
News & Articles
- Pox and the City: A public health history game
Learn about the conquest of smallpox, once known as the “speckled monster," through role-playing. Wanna be a virus?
June 11, 2013 - Philly.com
- 4 O'Clock Forecast: Winds make a return visit
If the forecast holds true, anglers will be targeting redfish in the marshes instead of speckled trout in the bays.
June 8, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Big names return to softball squad
Is it a surprise that this year’s All-Europe Softball Teams are speckled with pitchers? We didn’t think so, with the likes of Ramstein’s Kelsey Freeman and cohort Katherine Enyeart.
June 7, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Albrecht DÃ¼rer in Washington Post
It has the color of a speckled turtle,noted Albrecht Durer, the great German master, who made a woodcut of that wondrous beast, though he never got to see it.