stand for :
- v express indirectly by an image, form, or model; be a symbol
- v denote or connote
- v take the place of or be parallel or equivalent to
- v tolerate or bear
News & Articles
- High court: Democrats' walkout fines will stand
The Indiana Supreme Court has ruled that the fines will stand for Indiana Democrats who walked out of the 2011 legislative session.
June 18, 2013 - WTHR Indianapolis
- Whitey Bulger trial: Ex-hit man describes more killings to jury
The trial of Boston mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger continues as former hit man John Martorano takes the stand for a second day of testimony.
June 18, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Bracketron NanoTek Stand: minimalistic design by 1.0 Innovations, functional standout
You may read this review of the Bracketron NanoTek Stand (US$29.95) and ask yourself "What's so exciting about a angled piece of aluminum with some sticky pads on it?" Well, many times smartphone stands are tied to a particular generation of a smartphone, so when the next big thing appears on the market, it's time to toss the stand for a newer model. The Bracketron NanoTek Stand is a design that ...
June 17, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog