- v be hungry; go without food
- v die of food deprivation
The political prisoners starved to death
- v deprive of food
They starved the prisoners
- v have a craving, appetite, or great desire for
- v deprive of a necessity and cause suffering
The engine was starved of fuel
- Author and clinical social worker Michele Weiner Davis says ill-matched libidos are a big cause of marital strife and that women are just as sex-starved as men.
- Starve the beast, by contrast, is not a theory or even an assertion.
- Will skilled union workers starve to protect the wage scales which Labor has struggled 50 years to build? That question was put to a test in New York City last week when some 2 .
News & Articles
- East Liberty eatery's focus will be on raw, healthy cuisine
You shouldn't have to starve yourself or eat engineered foods just to get through your dayby AmyJo Brown It wasn't until after college, while working on Wall Street, that Pittsburgh native Bobby Fry fell in love with food. "I was the only one in my 20s on the trading desk, and we would take our customers out to dinner," he says. "We'd go to these high-end restaurants, and everywhere I was ...
June 12, 2013 - Pittsburgh City Paper
- Don't Starve coming to the PlayStation 4
Sony just announced at its E3 press conference that Klei Entertainment's Don't Starve would be arriving on the PlayStation 4, as an exclusive console debut. No word on date yet, but we'll be in touch with Klei soon and find out for sure. Don't Starve coming to the PlayStation 4 originally appeared on Joystiq on Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:07:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds . Permalink ...
June 11, 2013 - Joystiq
- Don’t Starve on PS4
Very recently, we decided to throw our lot into the PS4 , and announced that Don’t Starve is coming on the platform. If you haven’t heard about Don’t Starve , it’s an uncompromising, wilderness survival game full of science and magic.
June 11, 2013 - PlayStation Blog
- Condoleezza Rice in FOXNews
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice called for a solution "that does not starve economies of the energy they need to grow and that does not widen the already significant income gap between developed and developing nations."
- Carlos Gutierrez in International Herald Tribune
While North Korea's people starve and suffer, there is simply no excuse for the regime to be splurging on cognac and cigars,Commerce Secretary Carlos M. Gutierrez said Wednesday in a statement. "We will ban the export of these and other...
- Robert Mugabe in CTV.ca
Whites "want the people to starve so they think the government is wrong and they should remove it," Mugabe said.