- n exercising by repeatedly assuming a crouching position with the knees bent; strengthens the leg muscles
- n a small worthless amount
- n the act of assuming or maintaining a crouching position with the knees bent and the buttocks near the heels
- v sit on one's heels
In some cultures, the women give birth while squatting
- v be close to the earth, or be disproportionately wide
The building squatted low
- v occupy (a dwelling) illegally
- s short and thick; as e.g. having short legs and heavy musculature
a little church with a squat tower
a squatty red smokestack
- s having a low center of gravity; built low to the ground
- The squatters moved in on Montreal last week.
- This squat robot with a swiveling head can "taste" wine using infrared light sensors and a spectrometer in its left arm.
- The best approach is to perform the same exercises you would do on the floorsquats, tricep dips, push-ups and the like.
News & Articles
- French Homeless in Offices
The squat at Number 2 rue de Valenciennes is a political battleground and a symbol of France's housing market.
June 12, 2013 - CNBC
- Socialist Paradise: Homeless Frenchmen Squat In Vacant Office Buildings While City Hall Enacts "Eminent Domain"
it appears the memo about the glorious housing recovery has bypassed the socialist paradise of France. Either that, or the concept of shared property is so advanced there, and the costs of evicting squatters so high, that all a homeless Parisian needs in order to have four walls and a roof above their heads is to find an empty office building and claim it as their own. Which is precisely what is ...
June 11, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Ingham County Land Bank director envisions potential in shuttered school site
'The cabins' are squat brick dormitories that once housed students from the Michigan School for the Blind. They form a partial ring around a crumbling running track in the northwest corner of the property. Theyre due for demolition before the year is out.There hasnt been anyone interested in redeveloping this site with these on here for several years, Jeff Burdick observed.
June 10, 2013 - Lansing State Journal
- John Edwards in International Herald Tribune
Although they haven't done squat yet, I would give (al-Maliki) and the Sunnis at least a few months to reach a compromise. But they've got to know there's a deadline,Edwards said while campaigning in New Hampshire.
- Bernie Banton in NEWS.com.au
Without the union movement, we would have been getting absolutely diddly-squat for all those victims,Mr Banton said. "He says that unions are irrelevant? I think Joe Hockey is irrelevant, totally irrelevant to this election."
- Percy Harvin in ESPN
I guess to describe it is like somebody stabbing me in the back of my foot,Harvin said. "It got to a point where I couldn't bend. Sometimes in the weight room I couldn't squat all the way down. It was causing bad tendinitis in my knees,...