- a resembling a garbage dump
- s short and thick; as e.g. having short legs and heavy musculature
a dumpy little dumpling of a woman
- s short and plump
- As if from nowhere, the dumpy, determined woman descended one day in February 1974 on the headquarters of the Hearst food-giveaway program in San Francisco.
- If things go well for him at the box office, Los Angeles restaurants may have to deal with an infestation of waiters who are dumpy Canadians with Jewfros.
- Though she dressed like a dumpy Dutch huisvrouw in her frumpy hats, flat shoes and baggy tweeds, she was one of the world's richest women.
News & Articles
- Film review: 'Hijacking' is cool, riveting
Mark Hinson Democrat senior writer -- In the no-frills hostage drama 'A Hijacking,' the Danish actor Pilou Asbaek plays a likable, schlubby cook named Mikkel who runs the galley on a dumpy cargo boat.
July 21, 2013 - Tallahassee Democrat
- Anna Faris in People Magazine
In high school, "I felt unattractive, short and self-conscious about my body, and I would purposely emphasize that by doing odd things," Faris, 31, tells Playboy. "I wore glasses, braces, odd hairdos and dumpy clothes. I was clumsy and...
- Geri Halliwell in Showbiz Spy
Geri said: "I was called podge spice. I was the fat, dumpy one. Any imperfection is completely blown out of proportion." "There was one time that we were in Japan. We were exhausted and that night I made myself sick and I felt terrible. In...
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona Republic
I couldn't even go out to get the hamburger. My security people brought it,Arpaio said. "When the informer passes a lie box . . . you've gotta understand there's something there. When I have to move out of my house, from one dumpy hotel...