- n a rotund individual
- n pudding made of suet pastry spread with jam or fruit and rolled up and baked or steamed
- s short and plump
- But John Wayne Gacy was also an upstanding citizen: he helped out the neighbors, he was the chaplain of the Jaycees, he dressed up as roly-poly Pogo the Clown to entertain children.
- Last week Maxim Litvinoff, roly-poly Commissar for Foreign Affairs, met in Moscow with the plenipotentiaries of the three.
- The roly-poly panda is the one chosen to battle the evil master Tin Lung (Ian McShane), who'll be breaking out of prison any moment now.
News & Articles
- SFA Summer Camp
Phoebe Burt searches the forest floor for roly-poly bugs during the Wonders of Wildlife summer camp session Thursday at Stephen F. Austin State University. The university is offering a variety of camp options for young people, from sports to outdoor activities, during the summer months.
June 18, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Tom Izzo in CBSSports.com
He was a little more roly-poly in high school,Izzo said, "so he brought it up the court a little differently. Nobody could get close enough to steal it."
- Michael Chiklis in Contactmusic.com
Chiklis tells American magazine Maxim, "It was about reinvention. I was tired of playing roly-poly fat guys, and I knew I was capable of doing something more hard-assed and adult. One of the great things about The Shield is that it was perception...
- Tom Finney in Mirror.co.uk
England great Tom Finney said: "We'd never seen the likes of that Hungarian side before and Ferenc truly was a wonderful player. He had a roly-poly physique but a wonderful left-foot and he was a brilliant finisher."