- n a rotund individual
- a containing or composed of fat
- Fatty acids are the building blocks of dietary fats, an essential part of the human diet.
- Earlier studies have shown that about 1% of a baby's total third-trimester fatty-acid intake comes from omega-3s, but by comparison, only about 0.
- Omega-3 fatty acids belong to a group of compounds known loosely as polyunsaturated fats.
- Kirstie Alley in San Diego Union Tribune
Alley, 57, told People that while her experience with Jenny Craig was "extraordinary," she wants "to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride."
- David Ludwig in Washington Post
Our experiment creates a very strong argument that a high-glycemic index diet causes, and a low-glycemic diet prevents, fatty liver in humans,research leader Dr. David Ludwig, director of the Optimal Weight for Life program at Children's...
- Lois Smith in EurekAlert (press release)
If omega-3 fatty acids, or these anti-inflammatory mediators, are as effective in humans and they are in mice, simple supplementation could be a cost-effective intervention benefiting millions of people,says Smith, the study's senior...