- n a rotund individual
- n small North American diving duck; males have bushy head plumage
- Teen-agers on the streets of New Orleans' Vieux Carr can still remember when their pal Willie Pastrano was a fat little five-foot butterball, the butt of all their jokes.
- Classmates were not surprised, recalled that George once catapulted a butterball to the dining-room ceiling under the Doc's very nose, had to stand up and apologize.
- A film company presided over by an evil Germanic butterball named Otto Gerran embarks on a refitted trawler to shoot on location at Bear Island in the Arctic Circle.
News & Articles
- AUTO RACING: Richmond Raceway set for Butterball warm-up
The Richmond Raceway staff is preparing for an action-packed night of racing with the Butterball warm-up today at the Madison County track.
June 22, 2013 - Richmond Register
- Paula Deen fired from Food Network: A.M. News Links
This Jan. 17, 2012 file photo shows celebrity chef Paula Deen posing for a portrait in New York. Associated Press Photo *Paula Deen fired from Food Network (New York Daily News) Stick a fork in this butterball -- she's been...
June 22, 2013 - Staten Island Advance
- Butterball to expand Montgomery plant
Butterball will be expanding its Montgomery processing plant to the tune of some $24 million and an estimated 75 new jobs. Butterball acquired Gusto Packing Co. in Montgomery in December. The facility currently employs some 500 people. Under an agreement with the state of Illinois and the village of Montgomery, the company will receive a 10-year $1.5 million low-interest loan from the village’s ...
June 19, 2013 - The Beacon News
- George Brett in MLB.com
He was just a complete player,Brett said. "A little butterball, a fire hydrant out there."
- Robert Zemeckis in USA Today
He captured the small, rotund butterball body with little legs. And there again, even the interpretation of Dickens for the very first time was stylized and hyper-real,Zemeckis says.
- Tom Wolfe in Slate
...Adam Gellin, who is feminine, slight, and "scurries" when he walks (later Wolfe describes him as a "dark-haired conniver"); and Professor Quat, a "butterball grotesquely squeezed into a dark gray sweater," who believes in abortion,...