- n exercising by repeatedly assuming a crouching position with the knees bent; strengthens the leg muscles
- n the act of assuming or maintaining a crouching position with the knees bent and the buttocks near the heels
- v sit on one's heels
In some cultures, the women give birth while squatting
- v be close to the earth, or be disproportionately wide
- v occupy (a dwelling) illegally
- The two tiny figures squatting at her feet jump up, dart under the two pink strips that provide the only light in the bar, run upstairs and return breathlessly clutching gambling .
- In the entry of the building where PTI's Hong Kong offices are located, there is a statue of a man squatting on a pedestal.
- Tolkien's baddies rarely have much in the way of personality, and Morgoth spends most of his time squatting in his dark fortress of Angband, casting a shadow over the land and .
News & Articles
- Recent crime leads to petition by Silver Lakes residents
HELENDALE Burglaries, thefts, vandalism and squatting has led Silver Lakes residents to petition in support of a sheriff's station in the community. "It's not the Silver Lakes Association responsibility to police us," Silver Lakes resident Doug Bell said. "It's up to...
June 11, 2013 - Victorville Daily Press
- Nick Clegg in The Sun
Mr Clegg told the BBC: "It is just preposterous the idea that if a party comes third in the number of votes, it still has somehow the right to carry on squatting in No10. I think a party which has come third - and so millions of people have decided...
- Pete Carroll in CNN International
If you make that first down, you're squatting on the football to win the game,Carroll said. "We just missed it. By what -- two inches?"
- Tim Lincecum in USA Today
I sit in like a squatting position while I'm eating, for some times at least, some meals,Lincecum said at the All-Star press conference Monday. "A couple guys on the team, you know, obviously, get on me about that, just say it's kind of...