- n a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
- n a clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth; moistens the mouth and starts the digestion of starches
- n a skewer for holding meat over a fire
- n the act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva)
- v expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth
- v utter with anger or contempt
- v rain gently
- v drive a skewer through
- Four days of Middle East shuttling by special envoy Dennis Ross has left Yasser Arafat emptyhanded and spitting mad.
- In order to spit, for instance, they both must take water into their mouths before they leap into the air -- a trick that takes some forethought.
- Everything changed for Italy in just a spit second.
News & Articles
- Picture shows significantly slimmer JaMarcus Russell
At the risk of a spit-take, you may want to put down your purple drank before viewing this photo. Former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell — subject of a thousand fat jokes, lazy jokes and codeine jokes — has lost a ton of weight in preparation for his NFL comeback bid: Current photo of Jamarcus Russell attached…down 51 pounds… Great job #Hard Work pic.twitter.com/KjK3ZWM1Qp — TEST ...
June 21, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Big Deal, 'Swapping Spit': Exclusive Video Premiere and Q&A
In the video for their new single "Swapping Spit," Kacey Underwood and Alice Costelloe of Big Deal thought they'd try something they've never done in...
June 20, 2013 - Billboard
- Spit Run organizers hope to make annual race 'fun and festive for everyone'
If running shoes and running shorts don't make you excited, maybe a warmup in a jump suit to "Rocky" will. The coordinators of the June 29 Homer Spit Run are committed to making all the participants feel like Sylvester Stallone. "The goal this year is to make the run fun and festive for everyone, from the top placing runners to the stroller walkers and volunteers," said Mary Kate Green, one of ...
June 20, 2013 - Peninsula Clarion
- Coen brothers in Ninemsn
When brother Ethan is having a bad day, he goes over with Windex and silver polish and "spit shines his medals for an hour or two," Joel Coen said. "It makes him feel better. This is a really big one, in every respect. It's going to keep him...
- Terrell Owens in USA Today
When it happened, we were jawing in each other's face, so it wasn't anything intentional,Owens said. "I didn't intentionally spit in his face. He's trying to make it seem like more than what it was by saying I hauled off and spit in his...
- President Bush in Washington Post
And yet, in spit of that, our differences of opinions, we still have got a cordial enough relationship to be able to deal with common threats and opportunities,Bush said. "And that's going to be important for the next president to...