- n plausible glib talk (especially useful to a salesperson)
- n a quick succession of light rapid sounds
the patter of mice
the patter of tiny feet
- v rain gently
- v make light, rapid and repeated sounds
gently pattering rain
- The one who speaks in a disembodied patter while his nail-bitten fingers fiddle with his constant liquid sidekick, a can of Diet Coke? And then, just when you begin to ask yourself .
- Another thing you get as a cancer patient is a lot of football-coach patter.
- The complaints have become as predictable as the patter for the villain's henchmen in a Disney cartoon: Disney shows are too big, too commercial, too over-marketed not real .
News & Articles
- A Hands-On Look At 'Rain' For The PS3
I could tell I was going to enjoy Rain just by the loading screen. It was painted with?wait for it?watercolors. With gentle humor like that, I could see that Rain is the antidote to games with too much sound and fury. Although I saw some great games at E3, none were as quiet as Rain, the upcoming game by SCE Japan Studio. It's an adventure, but one whose soundscape is filled with the patter of ...
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Review: Cognitive overload with Mary Reid Kelley and Patrick Kelley
Made up to look like black and white drawings, the protagonists in Mary Reid Kelley’s videos speak in a constant, densely allusive patter. This approach worked swimmingly in her 2010 show at Susanne Vielmetter, which featured two videos that looked at the darker side of early modernism. The stark, stylized appearance of those works perfectly evoked stripped-down modern aesthetics.
June 14, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Santana Moss in Washington Post
It was the same thing in the game last week,Moss said. "Every time I tried to go, my leg would just pitter-patter. I couldn't do anything. This is annoying the [heck] out of me."
- Jay DeMarcus in Entertainment Weekly
I'm looking forward to hearing the pitter-patter of little feet around the house and all that wonderful stuff,DeMarcus told People. "I just want a healthy baby, so it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl:But I would like to have a boy if...
- Jeffrey Lacker in FXstreet.com The Foreign Exchange Market
It didn't strike me as useful to pitter patter with little steps down to zero -- you might as well have gone all the way,Lacker said in response to a question after his speech to the Maryland Bankers Association.