expectoration : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the process of coughing up and spitting out
- n the act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva)
- There were bonfires on the Rhine hillsides, but no expectoration.
- The object of the expectoration was to attract the urchin's attention and have him "date" the sister.
- Brought to a crisis when the proprietress falls tragically in love with a convalescent young aviator, the story culminates with Actor Lunt's expectoration scene, after which he .