- v mark with one's signature; write one's name (on)
She signed the letter and sent it off
- v approve and express assent, responsibility, or obligation
Have you signed your contract yet?
- v be engaged by a written agreement
He signed to play the casino on Dec. 18
The soprano signed to sing the new opera
- v engage by written agreement
They signed two new pitchers for the next season
- v communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs
He signed his disapproval with a dismissive hand gesture
- v place signs, as along a road
This road has been signed
- v communicate in sign language
- v make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate
- a having a handwritten signature
a signed letter
- s used of the language of the deaf
- The President today signed two Executive Orders and three Presidential Memoranda.
- Items signed by him are selling for upwards of $1,900 on eBay, and there are dozens of listings.
- At the Soviet Embassy in London last week seven states which border Russia signed a unique pact against aggression.
News & Articles
- New rules affecting Vt. sportsmen signed into law
A series of changes to Vermont's fishing and hunting regulations is about to take effect. On Friday, Gov. Peter Shumlin signed the 'Sportsmen's Act of 2013' into law during a visit to the Barre Fish & Game Club. The bill includes twenty components, many intended to expand opportunities to more residents interested in a deeply rooted Vermont tradition. Free ice fishing will now be permitted on a ...
June 15, 2013 - WPTZ Burlington
- ‘Merry Christmas Bill’ Signed By Rick Perry, Says Americans Have No Right To ‘Freedom From Religion’
The “Merry Christmas Bill” signed by Rick Perry to much religious cheering Thursday has not gone over well universally, and many say the legislation violates laws regarding separation of church and state. Rick Perry’s “Merry Christmas Bill” was signed in the presence of several Santas, and Perry declared the new laws a victory for “religious [...] ‘Merry Christmas Bill’ Signed By Rick Perry ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Forbes 400 Billionaires Who've Signed the Giving Pledge
Bill Gates and wife Melinda, together with Warren Buffett, cooked up the idea for the Giving Pledge--an effort to get America's wealthiest families to give away at least 50% of their wealth during their lifetimes, or upon their deaths, and write a letter explaining why. Since the trio launched the effort in June 2010, 91 people have signed on.
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Sarah Palin in Politics In Color
I was just your average hockey mom (who) signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kid's public education better,Palin said.
- Steve Carell in CNN
I just think it's time,he said at the premiere of his new movie, "Despicable Me," Sunday in LA "When I first signed on I had a contract for seven seasons, and this coming year is my seventh. I just thought it was time for my character to...
- John McCain in South China Morning Post (subscription)
Joe the Plumber recently signed a very lucrative contract with a wealthy couple to handle all the work on all seven of their houses,said Senator McCain, alluding to the election issue of his family's many homes around the country.