- v approve and express assent, responsibility, or obligation
- Ecological agreements are non-starters because most governments do not ratify the treaties in their parliaments.
- Time is running out for most tax evaders because more and more countries which are called tax havens are ratifying treaties that aim to catch the culprits.
- It is unthinkable that there some countries who have still not ratified the Geneva Convention for prisoners of war.
News & Articles
- Obama: Seek "security of a world without nuclear weapons"
President Obama announces new summit in 2016 to help secure nuclear materials worldwide, will push Senate to ratify comprehensive nuclear test ban treaty
June 19, 2013 - CBS News
- A Win with Asterisks
In state district court last week, an attorney for the Fort Worth school district called former assistant principal Joe Palazzolo a liar, a bully, and a racist. On Monday night, the school board voted 7-0 to ratify a settlement of Palazzolo’s lawsuit, giving the whistleblower pretty much everything he asked for and reinstating him as [...]
June 19, 2013 - Fort Worth Weekly
- SD2 board to discuss trustee vacancy and school sites
School District 2 trustees will meet Monday night to declare a vacancy on the board, ratify its labor contracts with two unions and discuss the school site process.
June 17, 2013 - Billings Gazette