gestural : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s used of the language of the deaf
- s being other than verbal communication
the study of gestural communication
- Like Greta Garbo, Wong developed a gestural language for silent film and attached it to her already formidable screen presence.
- There were big-city newspapers he overlooked (plus, ahem, newsmagazines), but giving the Huffington Post a question seemed to be more gestural than suggestive of an unwillingness .
- In this romance of selfless renunciation and the nobility of the call-girl class, Garbo's achievement may strike younger viewers as odd, silly, for she is performing in a gestural .
News & Articles
- Click away in the air with Thanko finger mouse
(Credit: Thanko) We've seen plenty of gestural alternatives to the standard wireless mouse, but here's one that's lightweight enough to hang on your index finger. The Flick Finger Mouse from the indefatigable gadget magicians at Japan's Thanko lets you manipulate a cursor by pointing in the air and clicking with your thumb. Designed for Windows, Mac, and Android, the pointer has two modes: laser ...
June 26, 2013 - CNET
- Frans de Waal in PRESS TV
We are a naturally gesturing species that may have first developed language in the gestural domain, and once the brain parts related to language were well developed, then started using speech,primatologist Frans de Waal said in an interview.
- Jamie Oliver in MusicRadar.com - The place for music makers
Oliver says the Silent Drum "opens up new possibilities for gestural control of sound, through the acquisition of traditional and non-traditional percussive gestures."
- Bruce Tognazzini in MacDailyNews
Tognazzini writes, "That's exactly what Apple has done again with iPhone. Multi-touch gestural interfaces have been hanging around in the laboratory, screaming for release, for as long as the mouse hung around. I've been pushing multi-touch gestural...