- n the process whereby something is shed
- n loss of bits of outer skin by peeling or shedding or coming off in scales
- v get rid of
- v pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities
- v cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over
- v cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers
- Over the past two years, seven women in Japan, Singapore and China have died due to the toxicity of the substances they ingested in the hope of shedding offending kilograms.
- But the kind of light she's shedding goes far beyond the screen.
- It is shrinking steadily, goes the theory, and shedding its members into the economic extremes of wealth and poverty.
News & Articles
- Marble Media LLC’s Online Weight Loss Website ShedThoseLBS.com Offers Tips for Embracing Healthy Eating Habits
ShedThoseLBS.com, an online resource for healthy weight loss from Marble Media LLC, explains the necessity of shedding bad eating habits and embracing healthy foods through will-power and making good choices at the grocery store. (PRWeb June 16, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/shedthoselbs/healthyeating/prweb10838364.htm
June 16, 2013 - PRWeb
- Shedding the Freshman $15,000
NEW YORK ( MainStreet )—Out of college and into the workforce means it is finally time to start shedding the freshman 15... Thousand. Dollars. We're not talking pounds, we're talking debt.
June 14, 2013 - Philly.com
- No tears for millionaires
Forgive me for not shedding crocodile tears over couples with $1 million in assets who may have to draw down their retirement portfolios by 3 percent per year, rather than 4, the withdrawal rate financial advisers usually suggest.
June 14, 2013 - The Rock Hill Herald
- Nancy Pelosi in FOXNews
Today we are here at this sad time together in shedding the bright light of truth on what is happening inside Tibet,Pelosi said. "We insist the world know what the truth is inside Tibet."
- Tom Lantos in MarketWatch
It is bad enough that a wealthy American company would willingly supply Chinese police the means to hunt a man down for shedding light on repression,Lantos said in the statement, adding that, "Covering up such a despicable practice when...
- Muqtada al-Sadr in International Herald Tribune
Shiite militia leader Muqtada al-Sadr called Thursday for a political solution to the burgeoning crisis and an end to the "shedding of Iraqi blood."