- n a person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization
- n person of exceptional holiness
- n model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal
- v hold sacred
- v declare (a dead person) to be a saint
- Though not officially recognized as a saint by the Catholic church, Santa Muerte's popularity has spread significantly in the last ten years, especially in crime-ridden communities .
- Sharon Osbourne in International Herald Tribune
It's not saying that I'm now Mother Teresa or that Ozzy is a saint but you know what? He's been doing this a long time and his audience has been really good to him,Sharon Osbourne said. "So if he goes out one summer of his life and he...
- Scottie Reynolds in Los Angeles Times
There's no shame in losing,Reynolds said. "We came up against a great opponent in a Saint Mary's team who just had our number. We're going to hold our heads up high."
- Harbhajan Singh in Cricket365 News
Don't talk about Hayden's credibility, he is a big liar,Harbhajan told the Delhi-based tabloid Mail Today. "He (Gilchrist) is also not a saint. He, of course, pretends to be a saint, someone who doesn't say an offensive word on the field....