- v enclose in a shrine
the saint's bones were enshrined in the cathedral
- v hold sacred
- A psychoanalyst who is currently trying to enshrine Freud in the pantheon of cultural heroes must contend with a relentless critic who devotes his days to exposing Freud as a .
- Those principles, among other things, enshrine the goals of humanitarian aid as alleviating suffering according to need, irrespective of political goals, and in a way that supports .
- To enshrine their priestly duties as a priority, their contract includes a clause freeing them from promotional events when parish duties call.
News & Articles
- Editorial: Shield law needed now, more than ever
Journalists shouldn't be prosecuted for just doing their jobs and informing the public. It's past time to enshrine that principle with a federal shield law to protect reporters and their confidential sources.
June 15, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Second Amendment
The Bill of Rights, the first 10 Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, were proposed and adopted to enshrine certain personal rights and restrain the federal government, specifying that any power not delegated to the federal government was reserved to the states, or the people.
June 12, 2013 - The Fountain Hills Times
- Eric Rudolph in Chicago Tribune
Rudolph writes: "It was a great speech and one that the denizens of freedom should be proud to enshrine in a museum somewhere. Perhaps they could put it next to MLKs `I Have a Dream.' They could call it `I Have a Middle Finger.'"
- Viktor Yanukovych in New York Times
The coalition supporting the new president, Viktor F. Yanukovich, says in a formal statement of intent released Tuesday that the legislation will "enshrine Ukraine's nonaligned status in law."
- Hugh McFadyen in Winnipeg Free Press
One of the rare qualities you seen in a coach is to be able to relate to players as they see things their w gotten a chance to enshrine someone in Canton, and I think it may not be too long before he gets a chance to come to Canton and be inducted... Andre Tippett http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Tippett&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH10qKVM-4xuHnyNzwIwyS-AyRZaQ CNN International http://www.google.com/url?q=http://edition.cnn.com/si/2008/football/nfl/08/02/bc.fbn.halloffame.ap/%3Fcnn%3Dyes&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEvb96_BSgasa3sSvFmSVK-xzQuww Aug 2, 2008
33329 42632 ensis It'sa function, quite clearly, of the negative environment for venture capital in Manitoba as a result of the NDP Crocus fiasco," said McFadyen. "ENSIS has been struggling in terms of its sales since the collapse of Crocus.......... There'sa...