- n the idea of something that is perfect; something that one hopes to attain
- n model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal
- s conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence; embodying an ideal
- s constituting or existing only in the form of an idea or mental image or conception
a poem or essay may be typical of its period in idea or ideal content
- a of or relating to the philosophical doctrine of the reality of ideas
- There's this violent ideal that boys can fall into, and by following that ideal it sort of assuages their negative self-feelings.
- The most powerful woman in Russia, and hence the official ideal for all others, is Minister of Culture Ekaterina Furtseva, 50, wife, mother, only female on the all-powerful Party.
- Robotic Cat An ideal mate for someone who could use a pet's love, but is unable to care for the real thing.
- Bill Condon in 13abc.com
He also has style, elegance and a sense of occasion,Mark and Condon said in a joint statement. "Hugh is the ideal choice to host a celebration of the year's movies - and to have fun doing it."
- Nancy Pelosi in Reuters
By electing me speaker, you have brought us closer to the ideal of equality that is America's heritage and hope,Pelosi told colleagues.
- Mike Modano in The Associated Press
Those tend to be the best parts of your career. Those are the best times and the funnest,Modano said. "That would really be ideal if that were to happen where you could say it ended on a good positive rather than missing the playoffs for...