- n the act of paying for the use of something (as an apartment or house or car)
- v let for money
- v grant use or occupation of under a term of contract
- v engage for service under a term of contract
- v hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
- For the Eames armchair traveler, here's a guide to renting Modernist homes in Palm Springs, California and beyond.
- Prior to the real estate bust, cost and mobility made renting a house a better deal than owning.
- It doesn't have to be 800 guys renting a million apiece.
- Thomas Menino in KPTV.com
I don't think they should entertain the idea of renting dogs. That is not the proper thing,Menino said.
- Cynthia Martinez in Houston Chronicle
Now they are renting homes and apartments and have to figure out how to pay for that,said Cynthia Martinez, a spokeswoman for Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, which represents 48 mothers.
- Jerry Jones in Dallas Morning News
About 10 years before I bought the Cowboys, I was renting a car at Love Field and they cut my credit cards up,Jones told his players after a 20-17 loss Sunday to San Diego. "So I know what hard times are like in Dallas. I know you can...