- v address a deity, a prophet, a saint or an object of worship; say a prayer
pray to the Lord
- v call upon in supplication; entreat
- Detainee requested to pray and was told he could only pray if he drinks water.
- Corbis But how do you pray in times of crisis? After the fall of the twin towers, most prayers for self-preservation also included prayers for the dead and for the safety of all .
- They do not pray for victory.
- Zubin Mehta in The Associated Press
We hope and we pray that the music will inspire people on the other side to open their hearts,Mehta told the audience of thousands.
- Pope Benedict XVI in ABC News
Let us think also of the place named Bethlehem, of the land in which Jesus lived, and which he loved so deeply,said Benedict, who is expected to visit the Holy Land in May. "Let us pray that peace will be established there, that hatred and...
- Serena Williams in Courier Mail
I will definitely pray for everyone involved,Williams said. "If there's any way I can do anything to help, reach out, I definitely will do that."