- v call upon in supplication; entreat
- The rapidly proliferating shopping programs feature friendly but persistent announcers who promote an array of bargain-priced products and implore viewers to order them (right now .
- The recent flyers implore North Koreans to fight against Kim Jong Il and condemn his regime.
- Vienna's Franziskus Cardinal Konig, who had been informed of its contents in advance, flew to Rome two weeks ago to implore the Pope not to release it.
News & Articles
- BART talks in limbo as strike paralyzes commute
BART talks in limbo as strike paralyzes commute Josie Mooney, a chief negotiator with SEIU Local 1021, which represents mechanics, maintenance workers and professional staff, said the unions had told the mediator of their willingness to meet but are still waiting for a response. The Bay Area Council and our 250 members implore the BART unions to end this damaging strike and return to the ...
July 2, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Court decision is ruinous
God bless America. I implore all of my brothers and sisters to remain strong, and God will take care of us!
July 2, 2013 - The Augusta Chronicle
- Pope Benedict XVI in Earthtimes (press release)
I implore an end to this violence, which must be condemned in all its manifestations,Benedict told the faithful gathered in St Peter's Square for the Sunday Angelus.
- Donna Shalala in San Jose Mercury News
The problems facing our injured servicemen and women have not gone away,said Shalala, a Democrat who was health and humans services secretary during the Clinton administration. "This is a debate that our nation must have. I implore you not...
- Paul Wolfowitz in Reuters Canada
I implore each of you to be fair in making your decision, because your decision will not only affect my life, it will affect how this institution is viewed in the United States and the world,Wolfowitz said.