- v make (a surface) shine
- v improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
- v bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
- a perfected or made shiny and smooth
his polished prose
in a freshly ironed dress and polished shoes
freshly polished silver
- s showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience
his polished manner
- s (of grains especially rice) having the husk or outer layers removed
- s (of lumber or stone) to trim and smooth
- But the last album the Beatles recorded was Abbey Road, their most polished and crafted long player.
- And the nerdiness lends Paul's simple message an aura of credibility, especially on a stage with more polished politicians and their nuanced positions.
- Where do you go to get your vision corrected, your crystal ball polished? I figured August offered one last chance to check the instruments before the campaign homestretch.
News & Articles
- NBA Finals GIF Highlights: Spurs destroy Heat in Game 3
Woo-wee, the Spurs really gave it to the Heat Tuesday night. A 1-1 series moved to San Antonio for Game 3, and the Spurs enjoyed one of the most dominant wins in Finals history in front of their crazed home crowd. Let us peruse the GIFs of the evening: Things began rolling in the Spurs' direction when they landed the most polished child on the planet to sing the national anthem. Like, this kid ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation
- Girl, 5, among those who get messages across at RESTORE Act meeting in Biloxi
BILOXI -- One of the most effective people at Tuesday night's meeting on the RESTORE Act didn't have a great speaking voice, a polished presentation or a bunch of political connections.
June 12, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- Latest Mississippi River Delta News: June 12, 2013
Girl, 5, among those who get messages across at RESTORE Act meeting in Biloxi By Paul Hampton, The Sun Herald. June 11, 2013. "BILOXI (Miss.) — One of the most effective people at Tuesday night's meeting on the RESTORE Act didn't have a great speaking voice, a polished presentation or a bunch of political connections…" ( Read more ) Have your say on fine money Editorial, The Daily Comet ...
June 12, 2013 - Environmental Defense Fund
- Alastair Stewart in Contactmusic.com
Her public face was that of the polished professional. Privately she was just a lovely, generous and delightful person,ITV News presenter Alastair Stewart said.
- Thurston Clarke in USA Today
I think he's scared of appearing too polished,Clarke said. "I think it scared him from giving a great inaugural address, and I think that was a huge mistake because no president gets an audience again like he does for his inaugural...
- Angelina Jolie in Washington Post
The story unfolds like a mystery,Jolie says. "You've got people collecting clues and trying to solve what happened. But it's also very real and personal. We didn't want it to be too melodramatic or too polished. We didn't want it to be a...