- s showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience
- s moving and bending with ease
- s being of delicate or slender build
- It simply arrives one day in the mail, presented in a svelte box complete with padding and a nice, velvety scent.
- Several restaurant chains are now aiming at the wanna-be-svelte set by offering more nutritional information and leaner cuisines.
- The Forum started promptly at 9 on a Friday morning, when a svelte, spiky-haired woman named Beth Handel walked in and introduced herself as the Forum leader.
News & Articles
- Curtains and my blind spot
Just as a smart black dress can make you look more svelte, Elizabeth Mayhew writes, there are optical illusions at play in the world of windows.
June 12, 2013 - Washington Post
- Shakira Shows Off Slim Post-Baby Body, Weighs In on The Voice Coaches
Shakira gave birth to baby Milan this past January, and boy, has she bounced back quickly! The Voice coach shows off her svelte, trim post-baby body on the cover of Elle's July...
June 12, 2013 - E! Online
- Currently Trending: Shop 11 Block Heel Sandals To Rule The City Streets
We love our skyscraper heels as much as the next girl, but with the help of Balenciaga, Chloe, Lanvin and others, Spring/Summer 2013 ushered in a much needed reprieve. Svelte 5inch heels—that often require the skills of a tightrope walker—have …
June 11, 2013 - The Atlanta Post
- Genie Francis in Earthtimes.org
I have always thought of myself as a svelte size six and I have been working to get back to that size since the birth of my second child,says Francis. "In my industry, there has always been tremendous pressure on me to stay the same size I...
- Giorgio Armani in Stuff.co.nz
According to US gossip columnist Janet Charlton, a source at Armani said: "Tom packed on around twenty pounds in the past few months before the big event. He says he's a 'nervous eater'. Tom wanted to look svelte so he didn't protest when Giorgio...
- Matthew Fort in The Big Money (blog)
If ever there was a sign of the moral bankruptcy of Silvio Berlusconi's government,writes the Guardian's Matthew Fort, "it is the sight of a McDonald's apron wrapped around the svelte frame of the Minister of Agriculture, Luca Zaia as he...