- v catch up with and possibly overtake
- v travel past
- v overcome, as with emotions or perceptual stimuli
- It seemed reasonable to think the Soviets might someday overtake the West.
- Toyota is on pace to overtake troubled General Motors as the world's largest automaker by 2010.
- It appears numerically impossible for her to overtake his lead among elected delegates.
- Lewis Hamilton in CNN International
All I want to do now is put this matter behind me and get on with what we drivers do best: racing each other. We're racers, we're naturally competitive, and we love to overtake,Hamilton added. "Overtaking is difficult, and it feels great...
- Michael Schumacher in Rediff
It was an interesting fight with Jenson but all I could do is try to not give him a possibility to overtake,said Schumacher, who has won six times in the past at the track in the hills north of Barcelona. "In the end the gap to the front...
- Jenson Button in BBC News
We are leading the championship but its inevitable they will overtake us if we keep going like this,said Button. "I've lost 15 points to Webber over the last three races and that's massive. It's five points a race. He will be in front of...