orbit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the (usually elliptical) path described by one celestial body in its revolution about another
he plotted the orbit of the moon
- n a particular environment or walk of life
he's out of my orbit
- n an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"
in the political orbit of a world power
- n the path of an electron around the nucleus of an atom
- n the bony cavity in the skull containing the eyeball
- v move in an orbit
The moon orbits around the Earth
The planets are orbiting the sun
electrons orbit the nucleus
- A pet project of Space-Flight Prophet Wernher von Braun and his disciples is the creation of an artificial satellite revolving in an orbit 1,000 miles above the earth.
- Their original Earth orbit flight plan would be changed to a lunar orbit.
- The third stage left the satellite stranded in an unusable orbit.