- n a particular environment or walk of life
- n the central area of an ancient Roman amphitheater where contests and spectacles were held; especially an area that was strewn with sand
- n a large structure for open-air sports or entertainments
- n a playing field where sports events take place
- AEG also ensured that the arena's not the only attraction.
- When I posted yesterday about the news that Frank Gehry would be replaced as the architect for a new NBA arena in Brooklyn, I hesitated to characterize the new plan proposed by the .
- You write that your mother wasn't in the arena when you won your Olympic gold medal.
News & Articles
- Rport: Glendale reaches agreement on arena leasse for Coyotes
The city of Glendale, Ariz., agreed in principle to an arena lease deal with Rennasiance Sports Entertainment, which would give the Coyotes a place to play, Sportsnet reported Friday.
June 15, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Arena Pharmaceuticals to Present at the 2013 Wells Fargo Securities Healthcare Conference
SAN DIEGO, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARNA) announced today that the company is scheduled to present a corporate overview at the 2013 Wells Fargo Securities Healthcare ...
June 14, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Utah Jazz to make ‘major’ arena announcement
Utah Jazz to make ‘major’ arena announcement by Bill Oram The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 14, 2013 07:04PM MDT The Utah Jazz on Monday will make a “major facility announcement,” and are expected to unveil plans to update EnergySolutions Arena. “I’m looking forward to a ‘big’ announcement relative to EnergySolutions Arena on Monday,” Greg Miller, CEO of the Larry H. Miller Group, posted to ...
June 14, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Tom Brokaw in New York Times
Gerald Ford brought to the political arena no demons, no hidden agenda, no hit list or acts of vengeance,said Mr. Brokaw, who explained that Mr. Ford had asked him to address the funeral as a representative of the press corps. "He knew who...
- Greg Nickels in SportingNews.com
I think if we had a group the caliber of one led by Steve Ballmer and we had an arena pot with $300 million available in it, the NBA would have a hard time abandoning a city that's always had pro basketball -- at least for the last 41 years,...
- Robert Gates in USA Today
It's pretty clear that a resolution that in effect says that the general going out to take command of the arena shouldn't have the resources he thinks he needs to be successful certainly emboldens the enemy and our adversaries,Gates said.