- n a round vessel that is open at the top; used chiefly for holding food or liquids;
- n a concave shape with an open top
- n a dish that is round and open at the top for serving foods
- n the quantity contained in a bowl
- n a large structure for open-air sports or entertainments
- n a large ball with finger holes used in the sport of bowling
- n a wooden ball (with flattened sides so that it rolls on a curved course) used in the game of lawn bowling
- n a small round container that is open at the top for holding tobacco
- n the act of rolling something (as the ball in bowling)
- v roll (a ball)
- v hurl a cricket ball from one end of the pitch towards the batsman at the other end
- v engage in the sport of bowling
My parents like to bowl on Friday nights
- PTI's look at the real reason we all watch the Superbowl.
- Bowl: Teams: Rating: Holiday: Washington (8-3) Texas (10-2) Lowdown: Both teams come into this game licking their wounds, but it still figures to be one of the best games of the bowl .
- The West has its Rose Bowl, the South its Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Sun Bowl (all played on New Year's Day).
- Pat Bowlen in Rapid City Journal
I appreciate the 21 years that Mike Shanahan has given to the organization as an assistant and head coach, and the two Super Bowl wins in that time,owner Pat Bowlen said in the statement. "His contributions hold a special place in Broncos...
- Brett Favre in 940 News
To go to the Super Bowl and lose, would almost be worse than anything else,Favre told ESPN. "Anything less than a Super Bowl win would be unsuccessful."
- Elvis Dumervil in Rocky Mountain News
It is no different from Week 1. It's no different from the Super Bowl game. It's no different from the first game I ever played football. When I get on the football field my focus is winning the game, first and foremost, doing my job and helping my... Antonio Pierce http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Pierce&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFxtuiYmu2gQl41MWACD4Gfsi33uw San Francisco Chronicle http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi%3Ff%3D/n/a/2008/12/03/sports/s155308S96.DTL&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEqMIhOLFLMxPYBWV0jQc6ukU1thg Dec 3, 2008
12099 16596 bowlegged At the time, they said I was bowlegged," Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil said. "Bowlegged. That's what they said. How can you say that? Bowlegged. I didn't get it."