- n a narrow depression (as in the earth or between ocean waves or in the ocean bed)
- n a channel along the eaves or on the roof; collects and carries away rainwater
- n a concave shape with an open top
- n a treasury for government funds
- n a long narrow shallow receptacle
- n a container (usually in a barn or stable) from which cattle or horses feed
- Diet searches remain in the trough in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, until the last few days of the year, when they surge again and the yearly cycle repeats.
- A recession begins when the economy reaches a peak of activity and ends when the economy reaches its trough.
- Like them, he had enjoyed government jobs and favors-until the zealously ethical Chaudhry barred him from the public trough.
News & Articles
- Falcon Commences Drilling With Naftna Industrija Srbije JSC ("NIS") in the Mako Trough, Hungary
DUBLIN, IRELAND--(Marketwired - June 13, 2013) - Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:FO)(AIM:FOG)(ESM:FAC) ("Falcon" or the "Company"), is pleased to announce that further to its announcement on 23 May 2013, the first of three exploration wells "Kútvölgy-1", to evaluate the gas potential of the Algyö Formation at a depth of approximately 3,000m in the Mako Trough, was spudded on the 11 th June ...
June 13, 2013 - Marketwire
- Light Sprinkles Could Fall Today
We still have a cool air mass in place, as a longwave trough sits over the Pacific Northwest. This system will shift eastward this evening, and a weak high pressure air mass will move in tomorrow. With low pressure to the north, winds are out of the north and northwest & this is bringing some … Continue reading »
June 13, 2013 - NewsWatch 12 Medford - Klamath Falls
- Historic trough has long been overlooked
A marker is being created for an historic horse trough built in 1904 on South Dixie Highway - a trough that historians believe is more than likely one of only two remaining from St. Augustine's Flagler era.
June 10, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in ABC News (blog)
Health care reform, which started as noble and needed legislation, has become a trough of bribes, deals and loopholes,Schwarzenegger said. "You've heard of the bridge to nowhere. This is health care to nowhere."
- Jean-Claude Trichet in Reuters
Our base-line scenario is that we will have a trough in the profile of growth in the euro area in the second and third quarters of this year and, following this, a progressive return to ongoing moderate growth,Trichet said.
- Bob Crow in This is London
Mr Crow said: "It seems the rail privateers want everyone else to tighten their belts so that their shareholders can keep their snouts in the trough - yet the Government insists the set-up delivers value for money."