area : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography)
it was a mountainous area
- n a subject of study
it was his area of specialization
areas of interest include...
- n a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve
- n a particular environment or walk of life
it was a closed area of employment
- n a part of a structure having some specific characteristic or function
the spacious cooking area provided plenty of room for servants
- n the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary
the area of a rectangle
it was about 500 square feet in area
- Featuring one of the most volatile social and religious dynamics in the country, the area is dotted with Shi'a urban centers surrounded by Sunni farming communities.
- But apparently someone involved in the area's sectarian violence had been there recently: left behind was a leather-bound day planner that gave a disturbing picture of the .
- The problem is particularly acute in Southern California, which has the heaviest air traffic of any area in the world.
- Jake Peavy in ESPN
I guess hindsight is 20/20,Peavy said. "We certainly would have shut it down even before Pittsburgh. Like I said, it was moving it around, this was almost in an area different than the other ones. So, I don't think anybody made any bad...
- Thierry Henry in Independent
In yesterday's 220-word statement, Henry said that his handball in the build-up to William Gallas' goal had been "an instinctive reaction to a ball that was coming extremely fast in a crowded penalty area".
- Phil Mickelson in The Associated Press
I think it's the best US Open setup that I've seen,said Phil Mickelson, who had a tee time later Thursday morning to start his quest for the second leg of the 2010 Grand Slam. "I think the one area of concern I have is the greens. They're...