onslaught : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a sudden and severe onset of trouble
- n (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons)
- n the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
- The onslaught comes despite the fact that an exhaustive review by the nation's top homework scholar, Duke University's Harris Cooper, concluded that homework does not measurably .
- The Emperors Club website crashed on Monday afternoon with the onslaught of journalistic and prurient interest.
- The onslaught was convincing proof that the enemy still has the strength and command coordination to launch countrywide attacks with great precision.
News & Articles
- NBA Playoffs 2013: What Each Heat Player Must Do Differently in Game 4
To say that the Miami Heat have some issues to iron out before Game 4 of the 2013 NBA Finals could be the understatement of the millennium. Led by an absolute onslaught of three-pointers by unlikely characters Gary Neal and Danny Green, the San Antonio Spurs lit up the Heat in Tuesday's Game 3 with 16 long balls — a NBA Finals record. The historical outburst put the game out of reach, but Miami ...
June 13, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- SteepleCats suffer first defeat
Thursday June 13, 2013 NEWPORT, R.I. -- Playing in its first game since Sunday after a pair of rainouts earlier this week, North Adams squandered early scoring chances and watched reigning New England Collegiate Baseball League champion Newport edge ahead with a steady offensive onslaught to hand the SteepleCats their first loss of the season, 5-0, on Wednesday night at Cardines Field.
June 13, 2013 - North Adams Transcript
- Manti Te'o doesn't need protecting
SAN DIEGO -- I understand why the San Diego Chargers are trying to protect Manti Te’o from the media onslaught as the polarizing rookie begins his NFL career. However, after watching the kid handle the spotlight on Tuesday, I don’t believe the organization has anything to worry about. The kid is a polished pro at dealing with the media. It’s stunning that any 22-year-old can handle himself ...
June 11, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Joe Cole in The Sun
Cole said menacingly: "We're happy in the shadows, lurking there." "Now we're ready to build some good form and go on the onslaught."
- Gary Ackerman in Reuters
In the wake of the elimination of the uptick rule, the value of many volatile stocks have plummeted due to an onslaught manipulative short sale practices,said Ackerman, who sits on the House Financial Services Committee.
- Ron Zook in SportingNews.com
Zook said he's trying to keep his team focused and "ready to handle the onslaught" for Illinois' first appearance in the Rose Bowl in 24 years, when none other than Neuheisel quarterbacked UCLA to a 45-9 blowout.