- n the beginning or early stages
the onset of pneumonia
- n (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons)
- In late-onset Alzheimer's, it's possible that the body cannot balance these two functions of clusterin.
- There are certain hormones that control the onset of the adolescent growth spurt and the onset of adolescence.
- If a child doesn't identify with his or her biological sex, the onset of puberty, says Laura Amato, a youth-suicide counselor who runs an online transgender support group, can make .
- Carlos Tevez in NDTV.com
We had trouble getting into the game in the first few minutes,Tevez said. "We knew Mexico was going to press from the onset, try to take the ball away from us in the first minutes and try to hurt us."
- Mike Lowell in Forbes
I think in '03 no one expected us to do anything, so we were kind of beating the odds each time,Lowell said. "But I think it's a little different when, from the onset, a lot of people are expecting you to win a world championship and if...
- Andrea in Telegraph.co.uk
Andrea Baccarelli, the lead researcher at the University of Milan in Italy, said: "Heavy alcohol users tend to look haggard, and it is commonly thought heavy drinking leads to premature ageing and earlier onset of diseases of ageing."