oncoming : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the beginning or early stages
- s moving toward one
- The time spent idling while waiting to turn against oncoming traffic burns fuel and costs millions each year.
- It's also easier for right-handers to mount a horse from the left, so riders gravitated to that side to avoid oncoming traffic as they climbed on and off.
- His later ones, after he starts going on foot patrol, ducking mortars and witnessing car bombs, are less gung ho, as when his unit shoots into the cab of an oncoming car and hits a .
News & Articles
- Lynn traffic problems a toxic mix for insurance rates
Three teenage girls passed, watched the traffic light turn green and the oncoming cars accelerate and then strode into the middle of Union Street. “That’s how you cross a street,” one of the girls said over her shoulder to a reporter standing on the sidewalk.
June 17, 2013 - The Daily Item
- Train hits truck in central Pa.; driver escapes
Police say a man accidentally drove a pickup truck onto train tracks after missing a driveway in central Pennsylvania, but escaped unharmed before the vehicle was hit by an oncoming train.
June 17, 2013 - Philly.com
- Marion County wreck kills man, injures woman
A driver was killed and passenger hurt Sunday in Marion County after a truck swerved to avoid an accident and collided with an oncoming vehicle, police said.
June 17, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Ban Ki-moon in Forbes
Ban said he met the father of an Algerian security guard who was killed "when he literally threw himself at the oncoming suicide truck."
- Nigel Lythgoe in Vancouver Sun
I had my nose broken three times,says Lythgoe, who's attending the Banff World Television Festival. "I seemed to have this natural tendency to head butt the oncoming punch with my face for some reason. My footwork was good, but my body was...