- n the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
a barrage of questions
- n the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target
they laid down a barrage in front of the advancing troops
- v address with continuously or persistently, as if with a barrage
The speaker was barraged by an angry audience
- Was the Israeli drone present during the barrage? The videotape taken by a Norwegian Blue Helmet shows it, as three explosions are heard in the background.
- Bush's security team faces a barrage of criticism as the facts about Iraq come to light.
- President Clinton lashed out at a new barrage of GOP initiatives, even as he gave ground on the question of affirmative action.
News & Articles
- Proposed shooting range draws ire
MT. PLEASANT — Plans to open a firing range here face a barrage of opposition from nearby residents, many of whom say the potential for noise and stray bullets will deplete the value of their property.
June 18, 2013 - Columbia Daily Herald
- The Case For Losing Your Sales People And Killing Cold Calls Forever
Generating sales can cost almost as much as the revenues they bring in. Here's how three companies are conquering the top line without a single sales person and zero cold calling. Think about the last time you wanted to make a major purchase. Did you pull an Amy Poehler and unleash a barrage of questions on the hapless salesperson regarding features, functionality, and financing? Were they ...
June 18, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- S’wood cops: Stray bullets from party hit neighboring houses
Streamwood Barrage of bullets: After bullets entered two homes in the 400 block of Waverly Avenue and numerous gunshots seemed to be coming from a yard next door in the 400 block of Sherwood Avenue, Streamwood police surrounded the latter house. As numerous people who had been in the backyard fled into the home and turned off its lights, officers with a bullhorn demanded that the people inside ...
June 17, 2013 - The Courier News
- James Inhofe in Los Angeles Times
The EPA wants to unleash a "regulatory barrage that will destroy jobs, raise energy prices for consumers, and undermine America's global competitiveness," complained Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., one of Congress' most vocal skeptics of global warming.
- Padraig Harrington in AFP
The next big thing for Tiger is when he comes back out,Harrington said. "He probably has six or seven weeks to sort things out and then he'll have a barrage when he comes back out."
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
It's easy to rile up a crowd by stoking anger and division,Obama said. "In the last couple of days, we've seen a barrage of nasty insinuations and attacks."