- n a large shawm; the bass member of the shawm family
- v cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile
- v throw bombs at or attack with bombs
- v address with continuously or persistently, as if with a barrage
The governor was bombarded with requests to grant a pardon to the convicted killer
- v direct high energy particles or radiation against
- At the same time the British Fleet swung in to bombard Maktila, Sidi Barrani and the Italians' road to the rear.
- He claims he ordered his men not to open fire, but "when I knew they were going to kill us and bombard, I escaped.
- Nobody can bombard the ocean.
News & Articles
- Bishop Ludden in Geddes graduated 51 today
The class Valedictorian is Amanda Kaley and Salutatorian is Justina Bombard.
June 15, 2013 - The Post-Standard
- After five years, BECC continues to thrive
Friday June 14, 2013 ELIZABETH CONKEY Staff Writer BENNINGTON -- Darlene Bombard and Alyson Grzyb are co-directors of the Bennington Early Childhood Center, a pre-school program formerly affiliated with Bennington College. In 2009, Bombard and Grzyb opened BECC’s doors at its present location, Green Mountain Christian Center, and began a successful journey independent of
June 14, 2013 - Bennington Banner
- What's on Tap: Core strength powers Panthers
The pieces of the Marlborough softball team were put into place some time ago. It started with senior pitcher Molly McGuire, who first played for the Panthers in eighth grade. Jenn Bombard, Marissa Flynn and Jess Acosta, joined her a year later. Eventually, Chaley Webber and Cassidy Morin came along to round out the rest of Marlborough's six-player senior class.
June 14, 2013 - The Milford Daily News
- Abdullahi Yusuf in Washington Post
The US has a right to bombard terrorist suspects who attacked its embassies in Kenya and Tanzania,President Abdullahi Yusuf told journalists in the capital, Mogadishu.
- Brad Childress in New York Daily News
The Tasmanian devils that were coming from Dallas were about to bombard the state of Minnesota and run through us like Sherman through the South,Childress said. "That was the aura that was left after last weekend's games. All of us kind of...
- Richard Blumenthal in San Jose Mercury News
These flight paths will bombard residents, sensitive wildlife areas and state parks with noise and pollution, damaging air quality and quality of life,Blumenthal said in a statement.