- n group of guns or missile launchers operated together at one place
- n a device that produces electricity; may have several primary or secondary cells arranged in parallel or series
- n a collection of related things intended for use together
took a battery of achievement tests
- n a unit composed of the pitcher and catcher
- n a series of stamps operated in one mortar for crushing ores
- n the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target
- n an assault in which the assailant makes physical contact
- Agassi envisions drivers plugging in their cars at night to recharge them with cheap electricity, topping up the battery while parked at work, then driving home with enough power .
- Enfucell has a battery that will help people make a difference by cutting down on all the metal, lithium and alkaline that leaks from conventional cells.
- The trouble with traveling with an iPod or worse still, a battery-draining iPhone 3G is that the damn things tend to run out of juice just when you need them most.
News & Articles
- Pin-Sized Battery Printed in 3D
A new lithium-ion battery is one of the smallest ever made and the first battery to be created with a three-dimensional printer. Measuring less than a millimeter on each side, it fits comfortably on the head of pin and could potentially power tiny medical devices or miniature robots. [More]
June 20, 2013 - Scientific American
- New Battery Made From Wood Is Environmentally Friendly
[ Watch the Video: University of Maryland Scientists Create Battery Using Wood ] Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com – Your Universe Online Researchers writing in the journal Nano Letters say they have created an environmentally friendly battery from wood . The scientists developed a battery made from a sliver of wood coated with tin that could be a game changer as a long-lasting, efficient and ...
June 20, 2013 - redOrbit
- Battery Materials Market - By Types (Cathode, Anode, Electrolyte, Separator, Binders, Packaging Material ...
NEW YORK, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Battery Materials Market – By Types (Cathode, Anode, Electrolyte, Separator, ...
June 19, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- John McCain in New York Times
I further propose we inspire the ingenuity and resolve of the American people,Mr. McCain said, "by offering a $300 million prize for the development of a battery package that has the size, capacity, cost and power to leapfrog the...
- Gordon Brown in Motor Trader
Prime Minister Gordon Brown said: "Nissan's investment in a new battery plant and its hope to start producing electric vehicles here in Sunderland is great news for the local economy, creating up to 350 direct jobs and creating and safeguarding...
- Jennifer Granholm in USA Today
If the companies don't get help, "we'll be replacing our reliance on foreign oil with a reliance on foreign batteries because it's going to be the battery that's driving the electric vehicle in the future," Granholm said.