- s with little or no preparation or forethought
trying to sound offhanded and reassuring
- s casually thoughtless or inconsiderate
an offhand manner
she treated most men with offhand contempt
- r without previous thought or preparation
couldn't give the figures offhand
we decided offhand to go to Canada
she had made these remarks offhandedly
- r in a casually inconsiderate manner
replied offhand, his mind a million miles away
she threw him over offhandedly without even a Dear-John letter
- And out of dark materials and an offhand surrealist style, Almodvar fashions a wondrously ironic tale of redemption, which PTI accurately called a "profoundly witty and unique .
- I can't think of any offhand.
- Deputy Interior Minister Veera Musikapong resigned last week and faced charges for offhand remarks he had made during his country's July parliamentary elections.
News & Articles
- Donald Trump Trashed On Twitter By ‘Modern Family’ Writer Danny Zuker
Donald Trump was ravaged on Twitter by Modern Family writer Danny Zuker after the real estate mogul tried to make an offhand attack on China. Trump got the war of words kicked off with a comment about the dangers that China could pose to the United States in the near future. He tweeted: “I’ve been... Read more » Donald Trump Trashed On Twitter By ‘Modern Family’ Writer Danny Zuker is a post from ...
June 16, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- James E McGreevey in USA Today
On the offhand chance she wasn't paying attention, I AM A GAY AMERICAN,McGreevey wrote, using capital letters and referencing the term he used to describe himself when he announced his resignation in August 2004.
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Houston Chronicle
Libby said it was the first time he had heard that, but that Cheney said it in "sort of an offhand manner, as a curiosity."
- Panfilo Lacson in Inquirer.net
Offhand, there are at least eight witnesses who implicated not only the First Gentleman, not only a former senator but other congressmen and other politicians and public works officials,Lacson told reporters.