off-the-cuff : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s with little or no preparation or forethought
an off-the-cuff toast
- The bones were obviously old, and when the coroner asked for an opinion, Chatters' off-the-cuff guess, based on the skull's superficially Caucasoid features, was that they probably .
- In addition to off-the-cuff interviews with up-and-coming superstars, you'll enjoy its music gossip pages (Courtney Love did what?) and its Medication MP3 Blog, which offers great .
- One day last September, in California's Central Valley, Candidate Harry Truman made his political advisers wince with an off-the-cuff attack on hard-shelled Republican .
News & Articles
- The Dijssel-Bomb
Eric Sprott and David Franklin This past March, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the head of the finance ministers of the eurozone, shocked the markets with seemingly off-the-cuff comments suggesting that the Cyprus banking solution will, “s erve as a model for dealing with future banking crises. ” 1 Depositors across Europe took a collective gasp of horror – could banks possibly confiscate depositors ...
June 13, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Basketball lovers chart vibrant N.Y. ?hoop scene
A product of Grizzlies guard Tony Allen’s off-the-cuff eloquence, “grit and grind” has become a Memphis basketball mantra.
June 13, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- PFT: Goodell defends Redskins name in letter
When NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was asked about the Redskins’ name during this year’s pre-Super Bowl press conference, his off-the-cuff response was, “ I don’t think anybody wants to offend anybody .” With the benefit of time to reflect on a written reply to a recent letter from 10 members of Congress, Goodell was more articulate and detailed.
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Alan Jackson in FOXNews
In both cases, he says the exact same thing. This is not an off-the-cuff remark,prosecutor Alan Jackson told the judge. "It shows his state of mind regarding women."
- Bob Rae in Victoria Times Colonist
These are not the off-the-cuff ramblings of any ill-informed or biased person,Liberal foreign affairs critic Bob Rae said in a statement yesterday. "Ms. Davies is the deputy leader of a political party that aspires to reflect and represent...