- n an extemporaneous speech or remark
a witty impromptu must not sound premeditated
- n a short musical passage that seems to have been made spontaneously without advance preparation
- s with little or no preparation or forethought
an impromptu speech
- r without advance preparation
- The newest ballet in Manhattan last week started off as relaxed as a picnic, and seemingly just as impromptu.
- At lunchtime, grab a basket from Dean Deluca on the second floor or Whole Foods downstairs, and head into the park for an impromptu picnic.
- Sometimes impromptu screenings become institutions themselves.
News & Articles
- Top Videos: Impromptu "Bohemian Rhapsody" Singalong, Brian Williams Raps, NBA Stars Read Mean Tweets
This week, a stadium crowd in London engaged in an impromptu singalong to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody while waiting for Green Day to take the stage, and NBC News anchor Brian Williams rapped Warren G's Regulate (sort of). NBA stars read mean tweets about themselves on Jimmy Kimmel Live, and PBS Digital Studios put together a compilation of late children's author Maurice Sendak talking about ...
June 13, 2013 - TV Guide
- Brendan Rodgers tells 9-year-old interviewer that Luis Suarez is Liverpool’s ‘naughtiest’ player
At any given point, Brendan Rodgers is only an impromptu acoustic guitar ballad away from completely turning into David Brent. Nowhere is this more obvious than the latest episode of Liverpool FC's whacky online series 'Kop Kids', in which the … Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Dirty Tackle via Yahoo! Sports
- Impromptu U-16 national team dunk contest is one of the best you’ll ever see
What happens when a group of the world’s most athletic 16-year-old basketball players have time to kill after a practice? Evidently they launch into a spontaneous dunk contest that could rival the best impromptu slam-offs of all-time, if not the best officially sanctioned ones. Continue reading ?
June 11, 2013 - Prep Rally via Yahoo! Sports
- Meryl Streep in PR Newswire (press release)
One of Kevin Rudd's senior frontbenchers, in an impromptu but nevertheless on-the-record discussion with me, face to face this morning, said that the 'me too' tag will not matter if Labor wins the election because, quote, 'once we get in we'll just... Steve Price http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Price&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGlz5mR2rgl5Rmh38LT56XRTfjd3g The Australian http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22691365-11949,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHkij2pz4yxpbFAQRsCXJ-MqWqBJA Nov 1, 2007
50253 67880 impromptu Streep finished her speech by saying, It's Mike's grace that makes you feel, when you work with him, like you've been invited to an impromptu gathering of the most interesting, inventive people in town, and somehow, miraculously, you're one of...
- Will Ferrell in United Press International
I have chosen to schedule this impromptu address at night because, quite frankly, every time I speak during the day, the stock market goes in the crapper. So, sorry, Asian markets,Ferrell as Bush said. "I come to you tonight in the midst...