offering : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something offered (as a proposal or bid)
noteworthy new offerings for investors included several index funds
- n money contributed to a religious organization
- n the verbal act of offering
- n the act of contributing to the funds of a church or charity
- v make available or accessible, provide or furnish
- v present for acceptance or rejection
- v agree freely
- v put forward for consideration
- v offer verbally
- v make available for sale
The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week
- v propose a payment
- v produce or introduce on the stage
The Shakespeare Company is offering `King Lear' this month
- v present as an act of worship
- v mount or put up
- v make available; provide
- v ask (someone) to marry you
- v threaten to do something
- A pilot project aims to upend the publishing industry, and help strapped students, by offering textbooks free of charge online.
- The Amelia Island Plantation (866-481-5057) is offering 20% off rooms; the Hoyt House Bed Breakfast Inn (800-432-2085) is offering half off the second night of a two-night stay .
- Qantas is also offering an "Outback Airpass" package, which includes tickets to Australia from Los Angeles or San Francisco, tickets on three domestic flights and hotel .
News & Articles
- Royal Imtech launches fully underwritten 4 for 1 rights offering of approximately EUR 500 million
NOT FOR RELEASE, DISTRIBUTION OR PUBLICATION INTO OR IN THE UNITED STATES, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, OR JAPAN Rights offering important next step in financial restructuring of Royal Imtech Offering of 356,597,988 ...
July 4, 2013 - Thomson Reuters ONE via Yahoo! Finance
- Miss ONXX's $81.50 Offering But Think It's A Steal At $75?
Looking back to 168 days ago, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASD: ONXX) priced a 4,400,000 share secondary stock offering at $81.50 per share. Buyers in that offering made a considerable investment into the company, expecting that their investment would go up over the course of time and based on early trading on Wednesday, the stock is now 63.8% above the offering price.
July 3, 2013 - Forbes
- Miss HTWR's $86.45 Offering But Think It's A Steal At $85?
Looking back to 112 days ago, Heartware International Inc (NASD: HTWR) priced a 1,500,000 share secondary stock offering at $86.45 per share. Buyers in that offering made a considerable investment into the company, expecting that their investment would go up over the course of time and based on early trading on Wednesday, the stock is now 10.3% higher than the offering price.
July 3, 2013 - Forbes
- John McCain in New York Times
I'm getting regular updates on the situation from the responsible agencies, and the Department of Health and Human Services as well as the Centers for Disease Control will be offering regular updates to the American people so that they know what... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA ABC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/04/obama-on-swine.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEBwadP3VNokg6AhznQTlvm6tkwSQ Apr 27, 2009
69341 92447 offering I further propose we inspire the ingenuity and resolve of the American people," Mr. McCain said, "by offering a $300 million prize for the development of a battery package that has the size, capacity, cost and power to leapfrog the...
- Sergio Marchionne in International Herald Tribune
The agreement will offer both companies opportunities to gain access to most relevant automotive markets,Fiat's chief executive, Sergio Marchionne, said in a statement, "with innovative and environmentally friendly product offering, a...