- n (military) a person who freely enlists for service
- n a person who performs voluntary work
- n a native or resident of Tennessee
- v tell voluntarily
He volunteered the information
- v agree freely
She volunteered to drive the old lady home
- v do volunteer work
- s without payment
a volunteer fire department
- Does volunteer tourism give people a chance to change the world? Or are they just overpriced guilt trips?.
- A Cross Cultural Solutions volunteer poses with school children in Ghana.
- In a changing society facing all manner of new challenges, volunteers are helping bind America together.
News & Articles
- Volunteer Baseball Coach Arrested for Alleged Explicit Texts
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KTLA) — A volunteer high school baseball coach in Anaheim was scheduled to be arrainged on Thursday for allegedly sending sexually explicit text messages to two teen boys, authorities said. Edwin Alan Wikstrom, 53, was arrested by Anaheim …
June 13, 2013 - KTLA-TV Los Angeles
- Volunteer SICSA photographer helps animals find homes
SICSA volunteer photographer Lauren Prichard, 28, grew up the oldest of three children in a military family.
June 12, 2013 - Dayton Daily News
- Volunteer Center Of North Texas CEO Announces Retirement
DALLAS, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Julie Thomas, CEO of the Volunteer Center of North Texas (VCNT) since 1987, has announced her decision to step down from her day-to-day responsibilities as CEO. She ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Caroline Kennedy in Earthtimes (press release)
Obama has "built a movement that is changing the face of politics in this country, and he has demonstrated a special gift for inspiring young people - known for a willingness to volunteer, but an aversion to politics - to become engaged in the...
- Peter Schoomaker in International Herald Tribune
Over the last five years, the sustained strategic demand ...... is placing a strain on the Army's all-volunteer force,Schoomaker told the commission in a Capitol Hill hearing.
- Troy Newman in FOXNews
Operation Rescue condemned the killing as vigilantism and "a cowardly act," and the group's president, Troy Newman, said Roeder "has never been a member, contributor or volunteer."