- n a structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young
- n a kind of gun emplacement
a machine-gun nest
a nest of snipers
- n a cosy or secluded retreat
- n a gang of people (criminals or spies or terrorists) assembled in one locality
a nest of thieves
- n furniture pieces made to fit close together
- v inhabit a nest, usually after building
birds are nesting outside my window every Spring
- v fit together or fit inside
- v move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position
- v gather nests
- For the birds A view of nest-rich Thai islands from a forestry guard post.
- And there is Jesus, the self-proclaimed "true vine," who describes the Kingdom of Heaven as a mustard seed that grows into a tree "where birds can nest.
- Arkansas' Senator John McClellan and his labor investigating committee reconvened in Washington last week to poke some more into the rats' nest of the International Brotherhood.