- n a gathering of military personnel for duty
he was thrown in the brig for missing muster
- n compulsory military service
- v gather or bring together
muster the courage to do something
- v call to duty, military service, jury duty, etc.
- His liver and kidneys had nearly quit, and he could hardly muster the strength to lift his head off the pillow.
- But it's hard to muster a ton of sympathy for a guy profiting handsomely from a hatchet job on his own sister regardless of how miserably she may have treated him.
- When NBC's Matt Lauer asked her whether it was hard to find words to reassure the public, she tried to muster optimism, then circled back to despair.
News & Articles
- Miami Heat's split personality adds intrigue to NBA Finals
Miami looked creaky and weary in Game 1 loss to San Antonio, spry and energized in Game 2 win. Which version will show for Game 3? Even LeBron James won't guess. Your guess is as good as anything LeBron James can muster.
June 11, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Few spots left in Colonial day camp
ABINGDON, Va. -- There are a handful of slots left for this year's Colonial day camp, a free camp at the Abingdon Muster Grounds. The camp, scheduled for June 17-21, will focus on life in backcountry Colonial Virginia and the Battle of Kings Mountain, according to a written statement.
June 10, 2013 - Bristol Herald Courier
- 22nd Sangerfest passes muster with Missourians and Germans alike
COLE CAMP — Folks with a fully belly and a beer in their hand probably aren’t the toughest critics, but the 22nd annual Sangerfest German music festival didn’t merely pass muster with the usual suspects on Saturday at the Jaycee Gardens in downtown Cole Camp. It also earned praise from two young ladies visiting from Grasberg, near Bremen, Germany.
June 9, 2013 - Sedalia Democrat
- Antonin Scalia in Christian Science Monitor
Under any standards of scrutiny that we have applied to enumerated constitutional rights, banning from the home the most preferred firearm in the nation to keep and use for protection of one's home and family, would fail constitutional muster,...
- Tim Duncan in 940 News
It feels like a finals game,Duncan said. "It's the first game of the first series, and we're going to have to muster energy back up."
- Robert Gates in USA Today
The care and welfare of our wounded men and women in uniform demand the highest standard of excellence and commitment that we can muster as a government,Gates said. "When this standard is not met, I will insist on swift and direct...