- n a characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling
- n the prevailing psychological state
the national mood had changed radically since the last election
- n verb inflections that express how the action or state is conceived by the speaker
- Drugs have become increasingly popular for treating kids with mood and behavior problems.
- The mood of the nation and the House was reflected in the mood of labor.
- Building on previous research that suggests facial expressions not only reflect but influence mood levels, the new study hypothesizes that Botox may lighten people's moods by .
- Virgil in Kansas City Star
The mood is shock and disbelief,Bellevue Mayor Virgil Murray said. "We've had this parade forever. We've had horses in the parade forever."
- Barbara Walters in ABC News
He said that Britney is suffering from what he describes as mental issues, which are treatable,Walters said. "He said that she has been to a psychiatrist and that she, I assume, is starting some kind of treatment. She's been having mood...
- Mitch McConnell in The Hill
Taxpayers are in no mood to have a single dollar wasted, but it's not yet been explained how their tax dollars will be protected and not wasted in a rush to spend their money,McConnell said. "The American people need to know if their money...