humour : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling
- n a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter
- n (Middle Ages) one of the four fluids in the body whose balance was believed to determine your emotional and physical state
- n the liquid parts of the body
- n the quality of being funny
- n the trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous
- v put into a good mood
- BTW, I am such a big fan and admirer of your legendary movie role and your fresh humour and humility outside the camera.
- Just look at the punditry; while liberals almost always use humour to sell their viewpoint, conservatives always use outrage and fact-twisting.
- It's changed for the better, with actual clever humour instead of just using geek-speek to ridicule its characters, treating its characters with affection, finding a way to use the .
- Terry Taylor in The Canadian Press
I also loved his wonderful sense of humour and on several occasions of our concerts with Jose Carreras - the so-called Three Tenors concerts - we had trouble remembering that we were giving a concert before a paying audience, because we had so much... Placido Domingo http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pl%C3%A1cido_Domingo&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEQ-xmLYPKr-WIZiXpCN320KMEqaA Earthtimes.org http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/103139.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHAsv8hoPmkxDn4CnsaaHq-A-SowA Sep 6, 2007
48756 65924 humour Robert was a lovely man who truly had a zest for life," Sports Editor Terry Taylor said. "He had a twinkle in his eye, a sly sense of humour and, usually, a self-deprecating remark that made him an irresistible magnet for all of us. We loved...
- Carl Haas in Canoe.ca
Paul and I have been partners for 26 years and I have come to know his passion, humour and, above all, his generosity,Haas said in a statement after learning of Newman's death. "Not just economic generosity, but generosity of spirit."